Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring has sprung!

The seeds we planted...
Hopefully will become food for my family...

My amazing husband created cinder block gardens for me with a covering against the frost

Evaluating our hard work...



We got the whole family in on the work! Here's Hannah smoothing out the dirt...





and Jacob shoveling dirt to go into the cinder block gardens..


Dad and Zachary rototilling the garden






Hannah and Dad rototilling


Dad was left to do most of it alone...


Admiring the blooms in the backyard....






I love spring!

The roses that need trimmed badly are turning green again!


I love when in the midst of the gray, the green just pops up with promises of new life


The trees are budding



I wanted to share my excitement that spring has finally arrived! It is my favorite time of the year and I'm always hopeful that the garden will produce and everything will be beautiful again! Of course this is before all the weeds begin to populate the garden and the temperatures soar to 100...! To everything there is a season...

2 comments:

tammy said...

We are building raised beds this weekend! Love your pictures. :)

Jessica said...

What was the covering made of that went over the block to keep your garden warm?