Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Making Fall Memories

We decided to go back to Walter's Pumpkin Place again this year. I think we have all decided that it has now become a family tradition. I know there is a ton of pictures here but believe me, there were many more that I could have added! It was so hard to choose pictures that really showed how much fun we had! This is called an air pillow. Pretty cool!
We made it out of the corn maze...eventually!

No, it's not the unibomber...It's me! It was freezing outside!


There are multiple rope swings and I think we tried out every one!



Daddy and daughter swinging together





This rope swing is one my kids look forward too since it has the added danger of water!





Here's Hannah taking her turn


We had fun on the peddle cars. Too bad I don't have a picture of Kevin trying to peddle both of us in the same car up a hill!



Fun in the hay


This would be a corn box instead of a sand box I guess...


Hannah climbing the rope ladder



This would be the pumpkin shooter. They shot them so far that the owners joked that they may have to buy the neighbors barn now.


The slide is also a big hit with my guys. You slide down through the hill on trash can lids.



Jacob is wearing Dad's coat since he forgot his and it was about 40 degrees with a stiff wind.



Zachary sliding


Yes, I took a turn too!



Oh look, another rope swing!



We had a great time! One thing I am starting to understand is how important making memories with your kids are. You know when they are little that they won't remember what you are doing so the memory is more for Mom and Dad.
When they get older though, you realize that these memories will be with them for a lifetime. The fact that Dad took an afternoon off work to play with them and that Mom slid down a slide and that we all ended drinking hot chocolate and cider, these things may seem simple and mundane but someday I'm sure, they will say "Hey, remember when....".
This is what life is all about.

















1 comment:

Aubrie said...

Looks like a ton of fun, we'll definitely have to go next year.

Love the unibomber picture, that is hilarious!!