Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of school

We had a great day of school today! There were a few attitude issues (which is normal here) but other than those moments everything went very smooth! We love what we are studying right now and are looking forward to a fantastic year. I think I love this more than the kids do! Who knew that God would use someone who hates teaching to teach her own kids and do it with such joy??!! I am still working out the kinks and probably will for a week or two. I made new chore charts for the kids and laminated them so they can mark off their chores as they go. They are not thrilled with the work load! Believe me, I could give them waaay more but they already think they're going to die! Again, we are working with attitude issues but I see those clearing up fairly quickly when they realize the consequences are not worth it!

Tomorrow we are using an orange to understand the difference between a globe and a flat map-how the continents look a little different and why. It should be interesting. Like I said, I think I'm learning as much as the kids are! I will take pictures and hopefully get those posted. We are having a blast!!!

No comments: