Saturday, November 15, 2008

Science Fair

We did our first ever science fair and somehow we survived! I told Hannah that I couldn't believe we had conquered our first science fair and she said, "What do you mean? I thought this was just for fun." I guess Mom's see it differently! This is Hannah showing our homeschool group leader how to play the game she invented to go along with her Arctic display. Dakota and Kayla somehow are always ready for a picture!
This display was really neat and I assume the people involved had much more experience with these kinds of things! The kids all got to do hands on learning about the body.

Hannah is showing Grandma her display. She made an igloo out of sugar cubes and frosting. It was harder than it looks!

This is Jacob showing Papa his display on the Rainforest biome. We had products that came from the rainforest there as well as an aquarium with the plants we grew.



The biggest fun came in the form of legos that someone brought with them for their display. All the kids enjoyed sitting between the booths and building their own creations. No it had nothing to do with the science fair itself but did they care???




My little saleswoman hooked quite a few kids with her game and display. She had so much fun and had so many kids interested-I am very proud of her!


Of course what would a science fair be without an exploding volcano??? I think it was the hit of the fair!

Here's the proud Zachary in front of his display on deserts. He had a small desert complete with sand and cactus as well as a book of all his research and display. He did most of it on his own. I am very proud of him!!


This is the proud Jacob in front of his rainforest display. They were so proud of themselves!


Hannah completed her display with a foam demo of an ice cap. She labeled all the sections of the ice. She did her science project all on her own. I honestly didn't help her much at all except for a few suggestions. She is extremely independent and I think this will serve her well!
The kids learned so much not only about the biome that they chose to do the project on but also on each other's. I am amazed at all the knowledge they gained!









No comments: